Our Local Governing Committee (LGC) is made up of parents and expert members of the local community and work in Partnership with The Russett Learning Trust Members and Trustees. All members of our LGC are committed to delivering the best possible educational opportunities and outcomes for all pupils at the Russett School.
The role of the Local Governing Committee is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the academy
- approve the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the academy is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the Executive Headteacher (a critical friend)
- Oversee the financial performance of the academy and make sure its money is well spent
The LCG also work in partnership with parents, senior leaders, all staff, other schools and colleges in the area and by maintaining close links with the local authorities who serve our pupils.